Monday, June 8, 2009

40 weeks & Counting & counting & counting...

I tried to think of a really cute and fun title for this blog, but since my brain is checked out, I was not successful. So please bear with me.

I had a doctor appointment this morning at 11:45. Everything is looking good. I gained 5 pounds since last week, but since I lost 4 the week before, I am only 1 pound ahead. yeah!!! My blood pressure is up for me (138/50 something), but still very normal and no concern. The baby is head down and ready to be born. Doctor checked the cervix and it is still thinning and preparing for birth. Dilation to about 1 1/2 cm.

I think that I have been having some contractions over the past few days, but nothing that was unbearable or regular. We had hoped that K would come last night, but she did not. If she is not born by Thursday, I will return to the doctor's office for a non-stress test. In essence, a monitor for baby K's heart beat and other vital information. Ensure that the placenta is still doing it's job. Check the fluid levels, etc. Nothing to be really concerned about, but just takes some time being monitored.

We are still praying for an easy delivery and rest in the peace that God is in control and has everything in His hands. Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah! I can't wait to finally meet her!! Still praying for an uneventful birth!!

Janette said...

You're so close!! :) Hopefully she'll decide to join the family soon!!

Jennifer said...

You can do it! We are praying for you, baby, big sis and dad.

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Love you all! Praying for you -

Dina